Many Windows users rely on Microsoft Outlook for their daily online communication. The service, in addition to enabling robust communication, lets users configure its settings as per their convenience. Every email you send is saved in the Sent Items folder. If you would like to prevent Outlook from saving copies of messages in the Sent Items folder, here’s how you can do it.
Many people find it convenient to have a past record of emails saved under the ‘Sent Items’ folder in Outlook. In case there is a need to access any old email, one can simply go to this folder to check on the emails that they had sent, and take the necessary action.
Stop Outlook from saving Sent Items.
Also, one can verify if the email was delivered to the intended recipient. So, Outlook can help you as not just a tool to manage your email messages, calendar, contacts, and tasks but also your time-management.
However, the downside of this feature is that it starts saving all the sent emails in Outlook indiscriminately.
Stop Outlook from saving copies of Sent emails via its settings.
You can prevent Outlook from saving copies of emails in the Sent Items folder via its Settings, Group Policy or Registry Editor. Here’s how. If you want to change this setting, follow the instructions given below:
- Open Microsoft Outlook.
Launch the Microsoft Outlook app by typing Outlook in the search bar or simply clicking its icon on the Windows 10 Taskbar.
- Access Word Options dialog box.
- Choose the ‘File’ tab and select ‘Options’ from the list of options displayed.
- When the Options dialog box opens, switch to the ‘Mail’ tab.
- Disable ‘Save copies of messages in the Sent Items folder’ option
- In the correct sheet of the Options exchange box, go to ‘Spare Messages’ area.
- There, search for ‘Spare duplicates of messages in the Sent Items envelope’ alternative.
- Presently, just un-check the container set apart against this choice to debilitate Outlook from sparing duplicates of messages in the Sent Items envelope.
- Keep Outlook from sparing Sent Items utilizing GPEDIT
- Open Group Policy Editor and explore to the accompanying setting:
- Client Configuration > Administrative Templates > Microsoft Outlook 2016 > Outlook Options > Preferences > E-mail Options
- Double tap on Save duplicates of messages in Save Items organizer.
- Select the Enabled box and afterward select the Save duplicates of messages in the Sent Items envelope.
- You can design some different settings here, also.
- Keep Outlook from sparing Sent Items utilizing REGEDIT
- Open Registry Editor and explore to the accompanying keys:
- For Outlook 2016, Outlook for Office 365 and Outlook 2019 the form number will be 16.0.
- Make a DWORD Value Name and name it SaveSent. Give it an incentive as follows:
- 0 = Sent messages won’t be spared in the Sent Items envelope.
- 1 = Sent messages will be spared in the Sent Items organizer.